The series I am posting on my family’s experiences, photos and letters during World War II and beyond has attracted heavy traffic, for which I am grateful. It begins here and the posts run chronologically and are numbered sequentially. At this stage in the story, the spring of 1944, my father is about to arrive in the southwest Pacific islands as an infantry platoon leader. I'll post the next installment Wednesday.
If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll take a look at the series.
Readership of the blog during the last month has remained strong. Here are the top 25 posts, with hits ranging from 231 to 1,073. The numbers in parentheses are last month's rankings.
5. Farewell, my teacher (5)
6. Exeter’s Civil War general (6)
8. A Gettysburg journal (part 3) (8)
15. The long American tradition of racist speech (new to list)
16 (tie). A gift from the heart (15)
18. A Gettysburg Journal, part 4 (21)
22. A Gettysburg photo album (24)
24. Backstage with Billy Collins (23)
25. The Civil War created a boom for Yankee’s circus (new to list)