Here is my monthly look at the posts that have generated the most readership.
The Our War blog now has more than 100 posts. I have therefore added a runner-up category and a short list of recent posts that are off to quick starts. Last month's ranking, if any, is in brackets. In parentheses is the number of months a post has been in the top ten.
Thanks again for reading. In books as on blogs, eyes on the page are what matters to the writer.
1. Farewell, my teacher  (2)
2. Urgent! Telegram from Gettysburg  (2)
3. Did Abraham Lincoln really free the slaves?  (2)
6. The Civil War: ‘It was not my fault,’ Buchanan insists  (2)
7. Gallery: Faces of the Fighting Fifth (part one)  (4)
10. (tie) History’s touch  (3)
Kennedy gave FDR too much credit, shortchanged Ike  (2)
And the next five . . .
12. The soldier’s story behind the love story, Part I
13. The soldier’s story behind the love story, Part II
14. Emails from afar and a happy coincidence
15. A love of music, a way with words
16. A gruesome death
And fast starters (recent posts with above-average page-views):
1. Unpacking the new ‘Gettysburg’
2. July 2, 1863, Rose's woods,Gettysburg: It was 'the greatest blow the old 5th ever got'
3. The day they died like white men