Friday, November 2, 2012

War and reunion

Over the next two weeks I have several events scheduled around New Hampshire to introduce readers to Our War: Days and Events in the Fight for the Union. The first one is Wednesday, Nov. 7, at 7 p.m. at the Kilton Public Library in West Lebanon.

This presentation will be special for me because I'll be joined by my old sidekick, Mark Travis, publisher of the Valley News. Mark and  I newspapered together for many years in Lebanon and Concord. We were both interested in the Civil War, and in the late '90s we researched and wrote My Brave Boys, a history of the Fifth New Hampshire Volunteers under Col. Edward E. Cross. After the book was published in 2001, we had a blast giving talks about it around the state and beyond.

In pursuing our authoring interest, we've taken different trails since. While I was working on Our War, Mark finished his excellent novel, a Civil War mystery called Pliney Fiske. On Wednesday, we'll team up again to talk about both books and about the different ways history and fiction seek to discover truths about the past.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment